Why Is Men’s Health Important?
Men’s health is important because it helps to reduce the risk of serious conditions, such as cancer and heart disease. In the UK, men are statistically shown to follow a less-healthy lifestyle:
- Men are more likely than women to smoke, In the UK, 15.9% of men smoked compared with 12.5% of women1
- The prevalence of obesity among men in England increased to 27% in 20192
- 1 man in 41 will die of prostate cancer in the UK3
- UK – Office for National Statistics: Adult smoking habits in the UK
- Statista: Obesity prevalence by gender in England 2019
- Cancer Research UK: Prostate cancer mortality statistics